Anxiety and depression are two sides of the same coin of control. Anxiety says that you must have control of everything. Depression says that you have control over nothing. Neither of these sentiments are entirely true.
Listen in to find out what we can and cannot control and how to recognize the signs and symptoms of anxiety and depression in your own life. Follow along and download the workbook.
*We invite you to respond to these questions in your own journal or to simply take time to ponder and reflect while sipping on a great cup of coffee or tea…or maybe with a glass of red wine.
- Where do you find yourself most often in regards to your family? Anxious? Depressed?
- Can you name one thing that you could give up trying to control?
- Can you name one thing that you will make an effort to begin controlling?
- What are some obstacles to believing that God has control? What are some obstacles to believing that you have some control?
- After you give something up (either anxiety/control or depression/lack of control) there will be a space – will you fill it with kindness and self-care? How so? Specifically? No, really, write down the ways you will start introducing care for yourself.